April 6, 2010

MY DESIGN: STARFUCKER


STARFUCKER, originally uploaded by shaunwilliamcallahan.

For how simple this looks I probably learned the most so far this year from this design. With Starfucker as a band name I was overwhelmed with ideas. too many ideas in fact.

So I decided to go out for a walk around my city one night and see what else was posted out there and then try and build on that while also providing something different than what was out there and expected.

My two main inspirations came from a random mini van I found with one of those Family decals on the back of their window. Dad, Mom, Son, Daughter, Baby haha etc etc.

The other came from (http://outforstardom.blogspot.com) my friend Greg aka Radjaw from Mad Rad/Fresh Espresso. A few months back he had hand drawn cartoons of his band, champagne champagne, and Mash Hall (They Live! at the time)

Thought I would toss those two in a blender and then do my best to take the style/clothes I saw of Starfucker in some press photos

This is what I cam up with...

hope ya'll like..

see you at the show.

xo

SWC

No comments:

Post a Comment